Who links to me? X-ray Rocks: Claw Love

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Claw Love

I wish I had a medical story for today, but it's been really, really slow at the hospital.

These are my cats, Saveta and Catty(Catalina).

Saveta is about 14 years old and Catty is about 8 years old. Wow! I hadn't thought about how they're aging. Saveta's lived with me for over half my life. Her mother was a stray I found and took home when I was 7. She was the ugliest, scruffiest cat, so we called her Scruffy. She wasn't any single color, she had grey, brown, black, orange, whitish colored fur. We couldn't tame her for a house cat, so we didn't get her spayed and she had a lot of boyfriends. Every six months she had another 3-6 babies.

She had to go. Saveta was from her last litter. Scruffy found a Persian or Siamese tom cat somewhere, because Saveta has blue eyes and white fluffy fur, but she also has peach tipped ears.

Catty found me.

I was outside and a muddy, wet, meowing lump jumped out of a tree onto my back. Scary! Luckily, Catty is the sweetest, most affectionate cat. She was an obvious stray-skinny as a rail, dirty, wet fur.

My dad(I was a teen-ager at the time) said, "No more cats! You cannot keep this cat." and he threw her outside.

Unluckily for him, I'm super stubborn. I brought her back inside and said, "Dad, this is one battle you cannot win. I'm keeping her."

And I still have her.

My mom tells this story all the time. I'm not sure if she's proud of me because I stood up to my dad, took in a stray cat, or .... yeah, I don't know why.

No comments: