Who links to me? X-ray Rocks: Stir Fried

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stir Fried

I stayed inside this week-end and cooked. It's -15F outside with a windchill of -35F. At that temp. any exposed skin freezes in about 15 minutes. I hate winter.
I watched The Day After Tomorrow at work last week.
In the movie first there are terrible tornadoes that kill hundreds of people.
Then the oceans rise and finally a deep freeze covers the northern hemisphere.
In the movie, living where I live, I would be frozen dead.
One thing that bothers me about the movie: the temp gets down to -135F and humans freeze instantly, unless they're standing next to a fire.
Question: Would a fire burn at -135F? Wouldn't all the oxygen be sucked away from the fire?


Well, that's what I've been thinking about this week-end. Freezing and dying.
This is a pic of some tofu I marinaded and then baked at 500F. It comes out of the oven salty and crispy on the outside and creamy soft on the inside.

My mom used to make this for me as a special treat.
It's my second favorite snack.
I guess some people think of mac&cheese or chocolate pudding as comfort foods, but this is what I like.
My favorite meal is really weird. Nobody outside my family likes it.
It's fried onions, bean thread noodles, textured veg. protein, mushrooms, and soy sauce.
It's cooked like a casserole. Mmmmmm. Yum yum.

This is a pic of the stir fry I made. I love baby corn! And jasmine rice.

This is a pic of the egg bread I made today. And a radish sandwich.

Eggy bread,butter, and radish. Mmmmmm.

And then I made some molasses cookies.


I slept for hours and hours this week-end. Work on Friday really tired me out. I worked a morning shift after working a shift the night before. Then I was on CT, on a Friday, always exhausting. People always try to get in on Friday for pain they've had all week.
But what if it gets worse over the week-end?
True.

Secretly, I don't really mind. I can do an Abd/Pelvis CT in 15mins.(they're scheduled every hour) and a head CT in 5 mins.
I've made it sort of a game.

Also, one of my co-workers (we'll call her Talky), who is six months younger than me(as opposed to everyone else who are: 35,45,47,57,64 years old) was working and we always have a lot of fun.
We have our own inside jokes and we can complain about other people.
It's fun.
After working for 3 years with people as old and older than my parents, it's nice to have someone closer to my age to work with.


And I can boss her around sometimes.
Because she is younger than me.
But sometimes she talks too much.

1 comment:

X-Ray Geek said...

You've got guts to watch "The Day After Tomorrow." Hubby put it in to watch last week and I refused to watch it with him. With this weather it is just too plausible.

I'm also jealous of all the food! It all looks so yummy!