Who links to me? X-ray Rocks: Call Sick

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Call Sick

Tired, very tired today.

Today was supposed to be my day off, but one of my co-workers called in sick. Wait....the punch line is....she called in sick on Monday.
Yes, she called in sick on Monday and said she would be sick Mon.,Tues., and Wed. She was also sick on Thurs. and Fri. And Sat. and Sun.

Hmmm, how do we know she's not calling in from Mexico?

Well, when I got to work a 2nd person had called in sick. So, that brings the total techs covering 4 modalities with packed schedules - to 2. 2 Techs to do 4 techs jobs. Yeah, somehow that didn't work out too well.

My boss should have let us cancel a few exams, but he said he would 'help us out' . That didn't work out so well either. He tried to do a CXR. Simple. Right? Sigh -I guess not. He ended up doing it over and over and it still didn't turn out (I have no idea what he was doing wrong), so he asked me to fix it.

Sure I'll do my job and someone else's job AND your job!

At one point I had a mini breakdown.

The front desk sent down the 1pm Mamm pt and Dexa pt at 12:15!! OK they're 45 min. early, have them wait at the front desk and let us eat lunch.
At the same time(the phone was ringing wildly) the ER calls and orders a CXR - "Oh, and when your done take them up to the floor, admit them and put them in their room"
I'm sorry, I'm suddenly deaf. I heard chest x-ray and blah, blah,blah.
I had the US tech take the pt back to the ER.
The ER had 1 pt. and 2 nurses.
We had 4 pts and 2 techs.

When I hung up the phone from the ER the floor calls and orders some STAT x-rays, a Dr. calls looking for a previous x-ray on a pt and a pt calls to schedule an x-ray. The 1 o'clock CT walks in.

Then I had a mini breakdown.

No comments: