Who links to me? X-ray Rocks: Spring Chicken

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Chicken

Signs of Spring

My Easter Egger bantam hen, Lavender, is broody!

It's cute, but also kind of sad.
I don't have a rooster and I can't have anymore chickens, so she's sitting on 2 golfballs.
She takes very good care of her golfball babies.
She talks to them, tucks them carefully underneath her and warns the other hens to 'stay away!'.
I've explained to her that I have enough golfballs and we don't need anymore, but she won't listen to me.
I also warned her that if they hatch, she had better take good care of them and not let the golfballs roll around and get underfoot.

These are the nice green eggs she layed when she wasn't broody.
More signs of Spring!

American Cancer Society daffodils. I always buy 5 bunches. I keep 2 and give 1 to my grandma,1 to my mom, and 1 to a friend.

I started some seeds last Friday. They sprouted!

No comments: