Who links to me? X-ray Rocks: Vet Visit

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Vet Visit

So I took my cats to the Vet today.

Did you think this post was about Veteran's Day? :)

Catty, the 8 y/o, is doing fine, but Saveta, 15 y/o, has all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Ugh. They took blood and urine and now I'm waiting for the Vet to call with the results. He said he would probably prescribe pills for her and see how she reacts to them. She also has an icky tooth that needs to come out.

I hate the idea of giving her pills everyday. She is a cat. Just a pet...but still. She runs around and plays with her toys. She doesn't act sick.

I've had her since I was 10. I watched her birth and was the first person to touch her, so I guess it's hard to think about her dying, because she's a part of my childhood. And a part that hasn't really changed - cats don't get wrinkles!

No comments: